A Labor of Love

My mother-in-law, Barb Traff, recently finished sewing and hand quilting a masterpiece for my husband R.J. and me. She makes quilts the hard way, the amazingly, painstakingly gorgeous way; I believe I have always wanted one of her creations. I think I first suggested/requested that she might make one for us about ten years ago, and she started making this  particular  work of art over five years ago. Something this beautiful cannot be rushed! We just recently received the quilt from her, in honor of our 30th anniversary, and I wanted to thank her from the bottom of my heart. Words can't really convey how thankful I am, both for the quilt and for the expression of love that it represents. Still, a person has to make due with what they have, and words are what I have. Thank you so much, Barb! I absolutely, completely LOVE it! More than that, I love you and thank you for all the care you have shown to our family over these past 30 years. May you feel our love and the love of Jesus surrounding you in all you do. Blessings to you, Barb! (And thank you, too, Les, for the sacrifice of Barb's time that this quilt represents!)

Now, on to the pictures!
Our bedroom, with the new quilt
Look at the hand-sewn details!
I was glad to see this signature block!
More of those amazing details
It's hard to capture all the love, even in pictures!
The center of the quilt, from above
Our very own Shaded Nine Patch quilt!

Comments

  1. WOWSERS! From a fellow quiter...I can appreciate what a lot of work/love went into that. Belated Happy Anniversary...glad you had a good and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPs, I meant QUILTER, not quiter! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! The quilt is even more beautiful in person. We are very blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment