Happiest of Thanksgivings to YOU!

This day filled with joy and thanksgiving also starts my holiday melancholy rolling. I am so mixed up. I am eager to see family, anticipating the many delicacies and flavors of the day, and joyful in the little details of all the holiday traditions. However, all tied up with that, is the sorrow over those who have gone to heaven. Sometimes, all those mixed up emotions come out in a poem.

I am Thankful
By Elizabeth Traff

I am thankful for good days,
Thankful for bad
Blessings unfold
Whether happy or sad
Joy in abundance
Comes from above
Peace everlasting
Sacrificial love
I am thankful for family
Thankful for friends
Blessings untold
When love extends
Beyond the walls
Of my own safe space
Into the world
All over the place
I am thankful for big hands
Thankful for small
Blessings unfold
Connecting us all
Hands reach and lift
They hug and caress
We hang on together
And get through each mess
I am thankful for life
Thankful for death
Blessings untold
This life to the next
Separation brings longing
Aching and tears
Leaning on Jesus
Casting my fears
Growing and learning
Becoming like Him
Death becomes life
This life becomes dim
And I am so thank FULL…
Amen and amen!

May your Thanksgiving overflow with every good and perfect gift from above!




Comments