Snow!!!!


Ugh. I hurt everywhere. Shoveling snow is hard work, even if it is the fluffy kind of snow.

We started moving into this house 26 days ago (January 17). At that time, the ground was mostly bare, as all the snow we had earlier in the season had melted. I was grumpy, honestly. I love snow, and bare ground in January is unacceptable in my book. I live in Minnesota. I want snow. Well…I got it! It started snowing as we moved  truckload after truckload of our belongings into our new garage. It snowed harder the following day, when we took official possession of our home and moved our belongings from our garage into our home. Since that time, winter has hit us hard. Out of the 16 scheduled school days, we have had 7.5 days off, some from snow and some from extreme cold weather. It is definitely WINTER! As I sit home today on yet another snow day, I keep looking out my big new picture window. Even though I hurt, I can’t help exclaiming over the beauty. I still love snow!

We decided to shovel twice today, to make it not quite so overwhelming.

Here is what it looked like for our first "outing" this morning.

We're getting there!

New to this house - keeping mail boxes clear!

Poor mailbox....

But isn't it all so pretty?!!!

My "Where's Lizzo?" picture. 

That's all for this morning's round.

I do have a bit of good news for those who are fed up with the snow. As I said, all the recent weather correlates directly with our time in this house. This house has a driveway about eight times longer than what we had at our old house, and we have been shoveling it all with no assistance. We relented and ordered a small, electric snow blower to help us out. It arrives on Thursday. If my calculations are correct, that will be when this snowy pattern we have been in will cease.

You’re welcome.

Comments

  1. Thank you for ordering the snow blower. Now we know when the snow will end!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment