Six Years Blogging

Six years ago yesterday, I decided to start writing a blog. At that time, I was thinking ahead to my mission trip to Cambodia, and with the many thoughts I had running through my head regarding that trip, I decided that maybe writing would help my brain settle down. I also thought that maybe my friends would enjoy “listening” to that process. It really did help me, and I’m so glad for all of you who came with me on that journey to Cambodia and stayed with me as I have continued on my journey through life.  There have been many ups and downs along the way. You have followed along with me on overwhelmingly joyful occasions and on tremendously sad ones, on trips far and wide, and on local explorations of the beauty in the world around me. You put up with my countless pictures, my sometimes strange sense of humor, an occasional “project completed” blog, and my many trips down memory lane. I appreciated you.

As I looked back over the past six years, I scrolled through my blog statistics.  This is my 142nd post. While that seems like a lot of writing, there was one year when I only posted 12 times. That seems low to me. I am on a roll this year, with this being my seventh post and January isn’t even over yet! Only eleven people follow my blog, but I have 17,769 lifetime page views. That seems like a lot of views. I know that people from all over the world view my blog, and I find that kind of remarkable. Some people stumble upon my blog, while some receive the link from a friend when I post on a relevant topic. Some, I’m sure, only see my blog once, while others come back time after time. Many I will never meet, either in person or in an online conversation.  Even so, I have a core of readers who I do know and who communicate with me when one of my topics touches their heart. I hope you know that I love hearing from anyone who reads my blog. If you comment, I will almost certainly reply.

If you read this far, maybe you’d like to let me know about a favorite or most meaningful blog post of mine. Maybe you’d like to point me to your blog. Maybe you’d like to ask questions about Cambodia or Prince Edward Island or having grown “kids” or being married over 30 years or dealing with a suicide in the family or grieving in general. I’m listening. Today it’s your turn. You might just be shaping my future blog posts or starting a new friendship. This magical world of the Internet has done stranger things.

OK, I need to get busy. I have the day off (snow day!) and a beautiful snow storm to enjoy and photograph. Love you! Please feel free to comment as I reminisce with a few pictures!

Marti and me, in Cambodia, on my first tuk-tuk ride

My kids and my extra kid, when they were little
The bridge to Prince Edward Island
Les and Barb, July, 2014
My dear friend, Dr. Woolner




My sweet kitty, Matilda

This morning's snowy world
Me, loving and thanking you

Comments

  1. I read and thoroughly enjoy your blogs so keep writing as the inspiration hits! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Teri! I value your friendship and your readership! I also thoroughly enjoy your blogs, so the feeling is mutual!

      Delete

Post a Comment