Sweaty, Weary, and Filled Up


We had our last day of teaching at English Camp today. Tomorrow our field trip will take all day, and on Saturday we will have graduation. These kids are becoming very dear to us. During our instruction time, we asked our girls to tell their stories. A couple of them go to a boarding school and live away from their family, seeing parents only on the weekends. One lives with her grandparents so she can attend school here in Phnom Penh, but her parents are far from here and she doesn’t see them often. They each took the time to tell us their stories, in English, and it was beautiful. Not all are Christians but all are sweet, sweet girls.

At lunch we had confirmation that Ron Ray had arrived. Yay!! Then we were off on a field trip to an orphanage. This was not Marie Ens’ Rescue Orphanage, but it was close to it geographically. We will go to Rescue 1 on Monday. Our trip seemed a bit rushed today, but it was still fun to hang out with the kids and see their sweet faces. The songs were fun, too.

I had a wonderful day, but I think it is time for Laura to get her and keep an eye on me. Starting out pretty personal, I really don’t remember putting on deodorant this morning. And that’s important here!  (Truthfully, I never smell good at the end of the day, but that’s beside the point.) Next, I noticed THIS AFTERNOON at the orphanage that I had my shirt on backwards. It was that way all day long! I finally changed it around when we got back to the church after 5:00. Then for some reason my ankles/feet were extra swollen tonight again, which is annoying. And my ears have been doing their weird thing, where they distort all sound, starting on the bus ride back to the guest house (and continuing over two hours as of now). So I’m a bit of a mess tonight and will skip going out to the mall, which is our optional night activity.

God is working on me, wooing me to his side every day so he can have his way with me. Today, I think the lesson was not to count on this earthly vessel but rather on Him. (And to wake up all the way before I get dressed.) And I also noticed the joy in the faces of so many people with no physical belongings to speak of. This country is both breathtakingly beautiful and abruptly haunting. The contrast between a new construction occurring in the same neighborhood as tin roof shacks is startling.

Please read the CCC blog too, for a full recounting of the day’s activities.

Praises:
1.       Our whole Phnom Penh team is finally here in Cambodia!
2.       God is working on us all here.

Prayer Requests:
1.       Please pray for my physical body to do better tomorrow, when we will be on and all day field trip.
2.       Pray for me to pay attention to everything God has for me and not be distracted by little physical things.

Thanks for your love and prayers!!

Comments